Current Jobs

Please get in touch with our team to discuss our current openings as well as a tailored proactive approach to market for you.

« Back to LISTING

Helpdesk & Operations role

Sydney | Contract or Temporary
Listed: 2019-10-21
The company

This well known insurer is bringing another person into their Helpdesk & Operations group. They are based in the CBD, and have a professional, friendly & upbeat culture.

The role 

There are basically two sides to the role.

Monday to Friday during business hours the team operates as a helpdesk, doing 1st and 2nd level support across a large Office365/Active Directory environment with a number of in house apps & systems. 

After hours and on weekends the role shifts into more of an operations flavour, handling backups and monitoring their mainframe & Unix platforms.

Shift work is a core element of the role but the hours are still fairly sane. 70% of the work is basically standard business hours, though the other 30% involve late finishes (as late as 2am during the week) and Saturday shifts (that run though to midnight). All team members are expected to take their turn doing nights & Saturdays.

What's in it for you?

  • A great pay rate ($37/hr - NB this is a flat rate for all hours worked) 
  • A great name for your CV
  • A fun and friendly team
  • A good foundation for anyone who wants to get away from password resets and get more into Unix work
The ideal candidate will probably be a helpdesk or service desk analyst, with solid desktop skills and strong customer service who is craving a step up.